The society was inaugurated as Nigerian Fertility Society, in 1992. It operated under this name for years, during which it organized several seminars, conferences, at times with societies of similar interest.
Prof. Osato Giwa-Osagie and Prof. Oladapo Ashiru, along with Dr. John Esangbedo, Prof. Bomi Ogedengbe, Mrs Bobo Kayode, Prof. Akande Ebenezer, Prof. Oladapo Ladipo, Dr. Ibrahim Wada, along with others, have been at the forefront of this society, making it visible and heard, within and outside the country.
In this regard, Nigerian Fertility Society, (NFS), has consistently been involved with the International Federation of Fertility Societies, (IFFS) and the annual dues for the society being paid regularly, to ensure continuous involvement and participation with the IFFS. Several efforts were made to get this name, NFS, registered, but were unsuccessful. Therefore, in 2010, the name Association for Fertility and Reproductive Health, (AFRH) was finally accepted and registered, by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
In November 2011, the association had a National meeting, and National executives were elected, to serve in various capacities, to get the Association activities started off, with a formal structure.
The society since then has organized international conferences, in November 2005 in Lagos, with full participation of the IFFS, and UK Fertility Registry, and several participants and delegates from Sub Saharan Africa in full participation. Similarly, in September 2013, Abuja, a similar conference was organized, with participants, from the USA, UK, in full participation. AFRH Nigeria
AFRH is changing the way fertility companies work.
The Association is a non-partisan, non-governmental association, geared towards the enhancement of and quality education service in reproductive health education, with emphasis on fertility services. The association seeks to create an awareness among all persons within Nigeria, Africa and abroad, of the importance of reproductive health. The association is a non-partisan, non-governmental association, geared towards
1. To provide training of personnel and other educational professionals for the dissemination of fertility and reproductive health information.
2. To secure the services of professional and other staff to assist in fulfilling the objectives of the society.
3. To provide educational material in areas of need to be used in fertility and reproductive health education.
4. To act as a research institution and to carry out research on issues that relate to fertility and reproductive health education within Nigeria, Africa and internationally.
5. To establish good working and co-operative relationships within government and non-government organizations and agencies at National, regional and international levels.
PROF OSATO GIWA-OSAGIE
PROF OLASUBOMI OGEDENGBE
PROF OLADAPO ASHIRU
OUR Clinics & Strategic Partners
firstname.lastname@example.org 08101000020, 08101000030
234 803 311 8171, +234 809 751 9764
234 803 701 0988 email@example.com
+234 703 162 1876 firstname.lastname@example.org
234 817 035 9838, 234 816 793 7820 email@example.com
234 802 316 4065 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Elijah Onwudiwe
234 803 677 7789 email@example.com
Phone: 0817 104 9999
234 803 518 7406 firstname.lastname@example.org
All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Association for Fertility and Reproductive Health (AFRH)